Sunday, September 12, 2010

Vogue Korea August and September Issues

In high school, I was terrible at maths, science or anything remotely involving numbers. My area of expertise was languages, specifically French and German. (I can still very proudly recite the German alphabet.) Grammar, pronunciation and writing, I was quite the enthusiast. So, in anticipation, before moving here, I was certain, adamant even, I would learn Korean or Hanguel as the locals say. Ashamedly, I have been here for seven months and can only speak a handful of words. Retrospectively, my certainty was very misguided. My days have been filled with teaching, writing and exploring this exciting city. So, no time for Korean classes. Conveniently, I also forget I had to learn languages in school, I was not doing it by choice.

So, lack of time and motivation have contributed to my lack of Korean. Unfortunately, this means the inability to read Vogue Korea. Flicking through the pages, I can appreciate the beautiful photography and fashion. However, I'm at a big loss understanding what the articles are about. My lovely mum has been kind enough to send me magazines from the UK so I can keep updated. Yet, I still wish I hadn't been so lazy so I could fully enjoy Vogue Korea.

The first photographs are Ji Hyun Jeong from the August issue, perfectly modelling lady like, calf length skirts with block heels.






The following photographs from the spread "The Poetics of Body" juxtapose sharp, black ensembles with beautiful draping and intricate headwear, modelled by Freja Beha from the September issue.




No comments: