Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Art of Shopping: Dongdaemun


Chaotic, bustling and immense, Dongdaemun is one of Seoul's most notorious shopping destinations for locals and tourists alike. Consisting of five towering malls, this area is packed with shoppers at the weekend. I would suggest going early, if not, you will have a very stressful shopping experience. Furthermore, because of the sheer immensity of clothes, it may take a while to find what you are looking for. The fashion ranges from affordable to purse breaking, tacky to beautiful.

One of my preferred malls is Doota, which is full of boutique style shops. Although it is slightly more expensive than the others, it is extremely more organised with each floor catering to a different age group. During my perusing on a Sunday morning, I have found some interesting pieces such as a petal, silk dress and printed harem trousers. In comparison to Doota, the other malls are crammed, hot but cheaper. Unfortunately, this is the only photograph I took of Doota before being told I needed a press pass. Very annoying. In fact, I was so annoyed I didn't buy anything!





Dongdaemun can be reached by line 4.

No comments: